Skip to main content
Product Update

Inspections syncing at a glance

• 16 September 2024
  • 5 replies

In this release, you can now:

Get better visibility of the syncing status of inspections on the SafetyCulture mobile app

What you’ll love about this new functionality

Inspections don’t just happen at an office desk. We know you access inspections on the SafetyCulture app from all kinds of locations, from remote construction sites to the cool room behind the kitchen. Feel confident that your inspections data is being saved as expected with new indicators to show syncing status at a glance within the SafetyCulture mobile app.

With inspections syncing status you can now:

• Have a clear indicator of the syncing status for each inspection - synced, syncing or a syncing error
  • In the event that there’s a syncing error, you can retry syncing by tapping on the inspection and tapping ‘Retry’ in the details pop-up 

How to get started with the new release

Syncing status is available for you to start using in the SafetyCulture Android and iOS mobile app now. Make sure you have mobile app version 24.35 or above installed to see the feature.

To learn more about renaming temple pages in SafetyCulture, read our support article here.

For any additional support, contact our Support Team or your dedicated Customer Success Manager.

I hope this solves questions I frequently get.  People reach out to me when they can't find inspections on the website that employees say they did.  If access is setup correctly, then it's always due to losing WiFi connectivity in the plant.  For some reason, auto-syncing of older inspections doesn't always occur when connection is restored, so I suggest to go in the app to More -> Sync.  This feature should give them a clear indicator if the inspection has been synced online or not.

Great to hear @Corey! Let us know how your team goes with the new indicator for syncing status.  

Agree with Corey.

How does this update really simplify the search process?

I really think now we should take the Labels list and how this works to the next level.

So that tags and labels as an anchor and search indicator can be used to start to simplify the process.

I continually get complaints from users that we repeat what is on the title page throughout the inspection process.

This is because this assists with the search factor but means we may have to repeat the question etc further in the template.

So to reduce repeats let's find a way the in companies that really utilize templates and undertake lots of daily and weekly inspections that the process for finding individual and specific audits is better.

How we sometimes struggle is that some users are walking the walk and collecting data by completing or in our case starting an inspection that sometimes takes from 15 mins to weeks as some are collated at capturing extensive data as part of a golden thread of records. 

So as I have said and Corey has raised on numerous occasions really need to simplify this...

Hi @jonnyg - Just to clarify this release provides a simple view of the syncing status of an inspection within the SC mobile app, so won’t impact the search process. But I’ve heard your feedback and suggestions on the search side of things and will be passing it along to our product and engineering teams to dig further into. We’ll keep you updated about any changes coming to search in the future! 😊

It does need looking at.

SC has grown as a system exponentially now to include many other facets which means there is more data and although dashboards and KPIs may assist the search functionality needs improving to offset all the other updates