News

Create actions from issues

Related products: Issues Actions
Create actions from issues

In this release, you can now:

• Enjoy a seamless connection between reporting an issue and creating a follow-up task. 

What you’ll love about this new functionality

An all-in-one audit trail when finding and reporting an issue. Now, you can create actions within an issue to ensure all problems and/or near misses aren’t just found, they’re fixed. Skip the follow-ups and the need to switch between actions and issues to resolve a problem. Keep the found issue and the steps taken to resolve it in one place. 

How to get started with the new release

To find out more about how to create an action from an issue, please read the support article here
If you need additional help, reach out to our Support Team or your dedicated Customer Success Manager, and they’ll be happy to assist.

Hi, it would be great to be able to trigger an Inspection from an Action

If a flagged item is recorded during an Inspection, we would then create an Action, on occasions we might need to complete another Inspection to close out the Action. This way the complete process from original Inspection >> Action >> Closed Out with final Inspection would be visible from the Action. Currently we don't have the option to schedule another Inspection from an Action.

From Issues, this feature is available. It would be great to have the same options in Actions

Hi Team,

I spoke with a support member about this last week. but i would love to see if there is a way for us to link issues to Assets. Having the option to select the asset from existing list to flag the issue will help people track the issues and avoid raising actions for them a second time.

Thanks

Daniel 

Hey @Daniel Stevens,

I’m the engineering manager for the team that works on the Issues feature. We’ve heard similar feedback from other customers and we have plans to work with the Assets team on implementing a link between Assets and Issues.

Thanks
- Matt 

CC @Duncan Heuer 

Hi, it would be great to be able to trigger an Inspection from an Action

If a flagged item is recorded during an Inspection, we would then create an Action, on occasions we might need to complete another Inspection to close out the Action. This way the complete process from original Inspection >> Action >> Closed Out with final Inspection would be visible from the Action. Currently we don't have the option to schedule another Inspection from an Action.

From Issues, this feature is available. It would be great to have the same options in Actions

Hey Daniel,

This is also on the roadmap for the actions team. I had a chat with that team yesterday about this and I think they want to start that work in the latter part of the year, but TBC. 

Cheers,

Duncan

I love this, as it’s a path to distinguishing Issues from Actions.  Rather than having to manage action items in both the Issues feature and Actions feature, we can have one place.  However, now there is work to figure out how to continue that differentiation and streamline the processes, as we still have to close both out.  For now, if you create an Action from the Issue, you would likely close the Issue out immediately.  If you determine the Issue requires no action or was addressed right away, you can also close the Issue and not link an Action.