Sync unique IDs into inspections

Related products: Inspections Integrations

Hi,

Another function which would be benificial to iur business would be able to intergrate unnique inspection ID’s to templates. For example, we have a procurement template for ordering, tracking and dispatching goods and matreials. Aas the templates build up, personell can only really filter on the date etc. It would be good to have auto generated ID numbers on submited templates, as tis would make it easier to identify which order is being referenced when site is communicating with the procurement team.

Hi @POPEY thank you very much for sharing this. 

Interested to hear if you’ve played around with document numbering at all and if that has short commings or could help?

All the best,

Paddy

Hi @Paddy Bell,

Document Numbering is great, but the author can edit it - if this were selectable to non-editable for the person filling it in, that would work for us. That said, just like issues and actions, a unique id would also be good as an extra level of searching.

Hi @Paddy Bell 

I have used it in documntes before.

I set the document ID in some documents, but it would be better if it was more automated, especially when you conduct reviewes and publish updates, would be great if it showed an updated revision number

Also if I created a teamplate say for SWMS, and when i created a new one, it asked is this a new SWMS? and then automatically gave it the next SWMS number availible in line with pre-set conventions.

The automated numberimg for completed temaplate would be a great help, as the procurment template gets updated aliong the way there could be any number of templates for ach of outr sites, without a unique identifier it makes it hard to communicate which completed template is being talked about.

Cheers

I would like this as we use it perform a large amount of inspections every week for a wide range of tasks. 

One great use would be to track jobs our workshop perform and be able to have the unique ID number on the quote and invoice to track history and also if we need to return to the job to add hours here and there as parts arrive.

Hi, 

This is a big topic at my workplace right now. We are looking for a way to link via document number three different inspections. At the moment the only way to give each inspection is to override the auto-populated document number with our own number. This presents a huge issue of human error and humans forgetting to change from the default to the required common number. Using a textbook that starts blank does not populate the document number field in the inspections table.