Review notifications engine to avoid relevancy loss

Can we consider the review of how notifications are handled within the platform.

Some exampled how currently there is notification overload potential as a result of:

• Triggered notifications from responses (if multiple logics are for the same individual or group) all separate notifications.
  • Schedules that start the same time - all separate notifications
  • Actions assigned to the same person in bulk - all separate notifications
  • If you create a heads up:
    • Notification that there is one
    • Reminder that you haven’t looked at it
    • If the creator decides to manually remind you on the side - another one

If this is all happening at once you can even hit a limit to the amount of notifications received and it is silenced for the remainder of the day by the platform. This could lead to the potential of something important being missed for the rest of the day.

There are some potential ideas that come to my mind about how this could be improved (Urgent vs. summary delivery options) - but interested in the community response to this and what potentially you would suggest to make this a better experience?

Thanks for raising this Ben, its an important area we can improve. I’m also keen to hear everyone’s ideas for what a better notification experience would look like.

Perhaps in your own profile, you can set digest options for each notification type (i.e. immediately, daily, weekly). Then you have the power to control what you see.  So you might end up with a daily list of all actions due, a weekly list of schedules coming due and overdue, etc.