Link action to a different question and repeat section questions

Related products: Inspections

We have run into 2 situations where linking existing actions to inspection questions is limited:

1. We want to link existing action items to a different question than the question where it was added the last time the same inspection was conducted.  For example, if I have a “new business” question with a linked inspection, the next time I do an inspection with the same template, it will show the action history, and I can choose to “link” a previous open action item to the same question.  However, if instead I want to link that same action item to a different question which is for “old business,” I cannot.
  2. We want to link existing action items to the same question which is within a repeat section.  For example, I have a section called “old business” which is set as repeat and has a single text question for typing the line item so we can click to add as many line items as we need.  When we add an action item to one of those text questions, the next time we do the inspection, there is no action history showing up for that question so I can link an existing action as it does for a question not in a repeat section.  I assume the repeat is what breaks this capability.

Hey @Corey 

Thank you for this piece of feedback, its so valuable! 

I can understand the use case and how this would be valuable. 

Is there ever a scenario where you would like to link actions across templates? 

I don’t recall anyone asking me yet, but I’m sure it’s a possible scenario. Let’s say we’re doing a food security inspection and notice a broken lock on a door. We create an action. Later, we’re doing a personnel safety inspection and notice the same door lock issue which has not yet been addressed. Rather than adding another action, we could link the already made action from the other template’s inspection.