Head up - Finished Incomplete

Related products: Heads Up

a way to mark a head up as “finished/closed” but not fully acknowledged, this happens when an employee leaves and did not acknowledge the heads up before leaving.  I don’t want to acknowledge on the user’s behalf I want to record that acknowledgment is no longer possible, so the head up is “finished/closed”

Hey @ldutton 

I’m Matt, the Engineering Manager looking after the Heads Up feature.
Thanks for the suggestion, if you don’t mind, I just have a few questions to better understand your use case. If you had the ability to mark a Heads up as “finished/closed”, would you expect this to sort of “lock” it? As in it would no longer show up for users to acknowledge? Would you expect this to work as a sort of archive for Heads ups?

Thanks,

- Matt

for my use case if won’t want to auto lock it and definitely not archive as we have an obligation to allow the users to go back and see the old heads up but I can see how there maybe be a use case to lock and archive but we would likely not be heavy user of those features.

I tell my manager to check this list once a week and follow up with any incomplete until complete they just want a way to say hey we don’t need to keep checking the last two on this list as the remaining users who didn’t sign they are inactive so we are never going to get to 100% 

in this screen and easy way to see that this user who is showing not acknowledged is inactive so likely just a column that says user status 

and may be something here that says X1 (inactive one not signed) (this is from the my heads up page)

this is from the head up view maybe add 1 inactive not acknowledge I can’t see a case where I’d need to know how many of the 11 who acknowledged are now inactive (on this screen)

If you’re still reading 

• an easy way for the head up creator to down load a list of active users who have not acknowledged a heads up 
  • add the manager head up screen and the by name with view and acknowledged dates to the downloader
  • a way to automatically create a heads up at the end of a template or a schedule i.e. when this inspection is done circulate it via head up to this group (we use the heads up to have users sign of on meeting notes)