Signature for approvals by non-SC users

Related products: Templates Inspections

With regards to inspections.

On templates there is the ability to add a signature box which is very helpful, however my query is as follows.

My org has templates that are used as to record evidence as proof that the work undertaken is as agreed.

My problem is that the Client does not have or need access to our SC account and so on but the inspection in progress at some point will require approval from a person / rep of the client.

This can be on site with the client etc in just a small number of circumstances but in the main we need to send it to or allow the Client who is on another area of the project the ability to sign off sections and so on.

So is there a way to do this so that they can remotely see evidence of what has been completed and then approve the handover process.

The reason that this is a winner is because it allows remote collaboration.

I maybe wrong but at the moment I cannot find a solution.

Just to repeat.

-Signature need from someone external.

-They are not part of the company.

-This is for an ongoing inspection

Now I do understand that we can add lite users. 

But we do not want this as the person from the clients company. So I have tried workarounds but they all have flaws.

I have spoken to SC support and there does not seem to be a way to do this so if anyone can assist for live signing and approvals it would be really useful.

Hi @jonnyg thank you very much for reaching out. The good news is we will be bringing a new ‘Approvals in Inspections’ feature in the new year. While this will initially focus on seeking approvals from SC account holders within an Inspectors team...it’s great that you’ve got “non-account holding client sign offs” on our radar as it’s clear that could bring value to your use case and others.

Thanks again,

Paddy.