Manage or restrict sensor access/visibility

Related products: Sensors

Hi, 

I’m installing the sensors as we speak in our 16 individual locations, the only thing is that (unless I’m wrong) I can not determine to which sensors our local staff have access to. It’s either all or nothing. 

Ideally I would have an admin profile which indeed has access to all sensor - data, but our local management of restaurant A, shouldn’t be able to see data of Restaurant D or F. 

I know I can filter, but ideally their site is the only one visible on their dashboard. 

Have a great day!

Hi, @Jelle

Good to hear from you and great suggestion! 

Firstly, apologies for this but you’re absolutely right. At present, there is no way to restrict the access to the Sensors page via permissions. The best workaround is the filter that you already mentioned however it doesn’t give you the complete control you’re looking for. 

I’m an advocate for integrating Sensors with other parts of our platform, which leads to my question of are you using our Sites feature at the moment? The reason I ask is because we have certain areas of the platform utilising a site-based access model meaning that you only see your sites data and information shared to that site. I’m wondering what you would think of that as a solution?

Let me know and keep the suggestions coming! 

Hi @Shaunwc , 

I am indeed using the sites - feature. 

I can imagine it being different for other users, but we’re a restaurant company with 16 restaurants/sites for the moment and a HQ Support office. 

For us it would make so much sense that are floor staff can only see what happens in their restaurant/site (without having to filter, scroll, ...) and that people from support office get a global view on the entire portfolio of sites. 

I hope this answers your question? 

Have a great day!! 

Thanks for the reply @Jelle!

Yep, this 100% answers my question. I’ll reach out if myself or the team require any further feedback. This is a great start for us to begin thinking of ways to improve!