Prevent Closure of Issues with Linked Inspections

Related products: Issues

We often find our users are closing Issues where Linked Inspections are still In Progress. When they close the Issue, it makes it difficult to know which Issues still require attention.
It would also be great if we can see the Linked Inspections and Actions on the Issues list instead of having to open each one.

Hi @svellaconnect 

Thank you for your comments in this post. 

This is a great point to raise, I assume as a general process you would like the Issue to remain open until the linked item, either an inspection or an action, is fully closed out? 

Are your users primarily using the mobile app or desktop?  

Hi @James Bell,

Upon reflection, I feel it would be okay that an Issue can be closed but the action lives outside it, much as the way in Inspections right now. So I would say an Issue may not be resolved with an Inspection In Progress. Only if it is Closed, Archived or Deleted can the Issue be Resolved.

The key UI for me is to see the number of Actions open/closed and Inspections In Progress/Completed like we see for the Actions on the Inspections view.

We predominantly raise Issues from the app (we are a field based organisation), and then the management in the office manage the case via the web - the functionality should match across the code bases!

Thanks @svellaconnect 

The ability to quickly and efficiently see the count of open items linked to an Issue makes perfect sense to me. 

It’s not a piece of work that I believe we have slated in the short term but given the problem you described above please leave it with the team and I, in time I hope we can begin to solve this for you. 

Hi @James Bell ,

I appreciate your response - I am sure many more users are in a similar position to us; just not very vocal on the Ideas portal!

Let’s hope it reaches the backlog and

a sprint soon… take care!

Thanks for the feedback @svellaconnect

Just out of curiosity, who are the users closing the Issues? Are they the frontline workers, or the users responsible for managing the Issues? Is there potential for this problem to be solved my restricting who has access of who can change the status of an issue?

I think it makes a lot of sense to show open Actions/Inspections on the Issue register. Actions from Issues is still relatively new so we haven’t explored this yet and don’t have anything planned, but we can start looking into it.