Automatically resolve linked issues

Related products: Issues

Would like to see a way for issues to be resolved automatically when a linked action or inspection is resolved. Currently once an action or an inspection is completed you seem to have to go back to the issues list to find it and close it.

Could a question be build into the inspection form to close the related issue (that the inspection was launched from). And similarly resolve an issue that the action is launched from if the action is “completed”?

Thanks

Hi @Nas 

This is a great idea!

To confirm if you have an Issue raised and you create 2 corrective actions against that issue, once those two linked actions are completed you would like to either be prompted to resolve the issue or automatically resolve the issue? 

Hi James,

Personally for our work flow, I would like to see that an for an Inspection raised off an Issue:

Once the inspection is completed there would be an option to close the issue. I thought this may be achievable as a question on the inspection forms “do you want to close the linked issue” That way it is customizable depending on the permissible forms of the user, some users couldn’t close issues, some could.

However if a Action is moved to “Status: Complete” then the linked Issues would be automatically moved to “Status: Resolved”

Hopefully that makes more sense?

Thanks,

Hey @Nas 

Thank you for clarifying, certainly makes sense to me 🙌

Leave that with the team and I, we will look into this.

The team and I really appreciate your comments and feedback here!

Thanks for the feedback @Nas 

We have been exploring a similar concept lately. The ability to setup a workflow for an Issue category, which determines the status. 

Instead of a question in the Inspection or Action, do you think it would make sense to have a workflow setup per category, where it says something like, Move status → Done when all inspections and actions are completed?

Hi @Matt Lewandowski 

Yes, that would certainly work for us, but with the possibility to change a status of on an individual task, without effecting the rest of the work-flow?

It may not be needed, but I’m a big believer in future proofing against the unforeseen! :)