QR Code for Document Control

• 10 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I know the document “tab/section” has not been moved to live yet, but when it does, will we be able to create a QR code to take our users to a specific document or a library where they can search a library of documents. 

For example: We house our manuals on our one drive, but it would be great to access the manual to a machine by scanning a QR code on the machine. OR we have our MSDS sheets stored on the one drive. It would be great to put a QR code on the outside of the cabinet and when someone needs the MSDS sheet of something inside the cabinet, they can scan the code and then scroll through the material list that is in that cabinet. 

Thoughts? Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Laura, 

Apologies for my late reply, thank you for your patience 🙏🏽 I’ve raised this with our team internally who confirmed that this is definitely a capability they’re discussing! As they better understanding your use-case, would the OR code be something that can be accessed by anyone or for authenticated access only? Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Badge

Hello Bianca - Yes, the idea would be that anyone on our jobsites can access the “document” that is linked to the QR code. We were initially thinking we would use it to access manuals for the large equipment/cranes and also eventually use them in the warehouse for the MSDS sheets. So having access to everyone for those documents would be great. If we were to get into permission settings, we may want to also look into internal documents only accessible for employees with a SC login. Thank you for looking into this. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Laura! This insight is super helpful as we brainstorm improvements in the future. I also think it takes great advantage of QR code capabilities! I have shared this directly with the team responsible and happy to share updates as they come 😊