Solved

Metric and Imperial systems in templates

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

New here but have been using Safety Culture for some time now.
Had a question from one of our distributors that uses the metric system instead of standard.
Some of my logic is based on the length that is entered (in inches).

I know that you can change your settings between Standard and Metric but have no idea how that works in the template and how that converts.

icon

Best answer by jackihann 12 March 2024, 06:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @JJV 👋

That’s definitely a tricky one! To address the settings point first, the metric and imperial system settings have no impact on how you build your templates and capture data. The only metric that can be configured in the template editor is a Number: Temperature format question, where you can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.

If I understand correctly though, I think you can use logic fields to determine the metric setting your distributors are entering. See the following example, where you have a main question asking with two choices of the system to use. Then you can build out your logic under each logic field accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Badge

@jackihann 

Thanks Jack, that would be a great help, lot of work with the templates that I have made, still a great way to do it.

We will have a whole lot of distributors coming next month and during our presentation I can pop the question if that would be helpful if we offer it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Awesome to hear that it works for you @JJV!