Skip to main content

Dashboards.

When giving view only access to dash boards and then sharing a dashboard.
Persons still have the ability to change certain aspects of the custom dashboard.

We are looking / wanting to share so they can only view and cannot change the filters.

This is a problem because when we tested this the personnel x3 that could access to view started to change the filters etc and this rendered the dashboard insufficient from what we were looking for as view only info.

Any advice on how we can amend this to lock off the view would be appreciated?

Hey @jonnyg,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to confirm if it’s missing functionality or a bug on our end, are you saying that “a user with `View Analytics` permission was able to permanently modify/edit the dashboard”?

Thanks,

Manan

No. 

I am saying in view mode for a custom dashboard the user with view access can change all the filters when viewing as per the image. 

So if I set up a dashboard that is specific. 

They can then view this and change via the filters etc which imo removes what we are aiming for. 

The KPIs will not then be correct of the title for the data matching the data. 

We wanted the ability for absolute view once the dashboards have been designed and in place. 

Hi @jonnyg,

Okay, I see what you mean. The ability for dashboard viewers to still change filters in view mode was an intentional design decision, it removes the strain from dashboard creators/admins to absolutely nail what each person might wanna see. You can still lock down access at the site/individual level.

I will be honest about this, we haven’t (yet) thought about locking down dashboards to view-only. It’s a new feature request, and I’ll take it back with the team to discuss further.

Appreciate your ideas, keep them coming!

Thanks,

Manan

How do I do that?

You can still lock down access at the site/individual level

Check out https://help.safetyculture.com/en-US/001997/, it has detailed information on what you need for setting up specific types of dashboards.

Sneak-peek 👀