Solved

Create Sites from Google Sheets

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can you create new Sites directly from Google Sheets (via Zapier/Webhookes/API)? - I know there is CSV upload functionality but I am looking to automate the task.

icon

Best answer by jackihann 27 July 2023, 00:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @UKES, you definitely can! Taking Zapier as an example, there’s a Google Sheets trigger called “New Spreadsheet Row”, which you can use as the trigger for the automation. On the SafetyCulture side, you’ll need to refer to our API documentation, and create sites via API requests.

Hope this helps to get you started :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @UKES,

I’ve built similar automations but with webhooks that fire from my project management software, rather than a spreadsheet.

It’s worth asking whether the information in your spreadsheet has been exported from another system, because that might be the ideal place to trigger the automation.

I’d be happy to hop on a call and talk you through the steps.

Let me know if you’re keen.

Ben.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Guys, - I actually managed to build a custom API call to create Sites - I just didn’t know they’re called “folders”, but Jack pointed me correctly.

I also managed to build a script to Schedule jobs from Sheets - which works brilliantly. We can now schedule hundreds of jobs with a click of the button.

Thank you for your help and support. :-)

Lucas.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sounds awesome! Would love to see what you've done some time!