Skip to main content

Incase you missed it, our Training Matrix feature is available for testing under the Analytics menu within SC Training! 

If you’re a Training Admin or Manager, this ones for you! In this early release you can view a report of mandatory training and competencies for your workers, streamlining training needs analysis and improving compliance management within your workforce ...

Let us know in the comments if you've already integrated this feature into your daily operations and are seeing its impact 🗣️

This sounds like a great feature guys! 👍 Excited to road test it!

Emma

Hey @emmashuff, so happy to hear this 😄 Feel free to share any comments or feedback here for us to discuss! 

Hi guys!

I am loving the training matrix feature - I think this is brilliant!

However, It would be even more awesome to be able to add persons names onto the training matrix without having to have an email or add them as a user to safety culture. 

We have a lot of persons working on the shop floor who don’t have access to computers but still require training e.g manual handling.

So at the moment we are still working from an excel database for a training matrix due to this constraint 👎 

If the above was to be incorporated that would be the cherry on top!  🍒

Hey @Tangoswift thanks so much for your feedback. I certainly see the value of adding something like this into the existing capability and am going to check in with the dedicated product manager on where something like this stands 🙏🏽

Hey @Tangoswift many thanks for your feedback! I had a question please to understand the feedback in more detail.

For the example given above, would the staff attend a face to face training which is then manually recorded in your excel training matrix please? 

Thanks in advance for your input, and have a great day! 

Hi Cecilia!

Yes staff would attend face to face training which they sign an attendance sheet.

This is then inputted manually into our training matrix / database so we know who has attended and when their next refresher session will be. 

Hope this helps! 

I think the raining matrix is ok ish at the moment. It relates to eLearning from the platform.

It maybe worthwhile having a competency matrix which pulls data from elearning SC training and credentials.

Then you can marry these up. A simple marker is what should differentiate Competency or SC Training.

Then a filter can be added for either or you can see the full matrix.

Ta JG 

Also having the ability to see all courses that have a date for completion in a table or list. I have tried to filter this in the performance dashboard as part of planning and scheduling but could not find a simple way to visualise this.

The way to view a simple plan especially for mandatory courses is important for us.

Please share if this is possible and also can be exported and communicated internally and to planned learners

Hi Cecilia!

Yes staff would attend face to face training which they sign an attendance sheet.

This is then inputted manually into our training matrix / database so we know who has attended and when their next refresher session will be. 

Hope this helps! 

That’s how we do it as well.  But SafetyCulture training has a “group” training feature now.  You can present the course from the computer to the whole group at once and log that they have all attended in the platform.  You would need to make an account for them, but then it does all the work as far as logging and reporting. 

Hi Cecilia!

Hope this helps! 

That’s how we do it as well.  But SafetyCulture training has a “group” training feature now.  You can present the course from the computer to the whole group at once and log that they have all attended in the platform.  You would need to make an account for them, but then it does all the work as far as logging and reporting. 

Hi Corey,

Yes, its a shame we can’t utilise the training feature more at our workplace. 

The shop floor operators in our workplace don't have a work email, as they don't have a computer, so they are unable to be added to a ‘group’ -  it doesn't really work for us in this sense. 😔

If we could deliver the training via safety culture in a group setting like you stated Corey and be able to add their names onto the training matrix on safety culture without having to set up an account for them, or supplying an email, then this would work for us. 

Its only the supervisors and cell technicians on the shop floor that have work emails and access to a computer, so for this handful of staff members its not an issue. 

They don’t have to be real email addresses.  You can create accounts with made up email addresses and set the password for them.  Then when you do the group training you can add them yourselves when they arrive.

Also having the ability to see all courses that have a date for completion in a table or list. I have tried to filter this in the performance dashboard as part of planning and scheduling but could not find a simple way to visualise this.

The way to view a simple plan especially for mandatory courses is important for us.

Hey @jonnyg, thanks for the feedback!

This can be achieved from the training matrix today by exporting the csv which will include the due date and completion date per mandatory course, with the due date displayed taking into account whether it has been configured as relative or static to the learner enrolment. Hope this helps!

Thank you.

Is there a roll out yet to go to a person and see all their certs etc... 

We are looking at collaboration with our clients and customers.

As part of this we need the following to push forward with dynamic training via SC training and also credentials.

Access to view and plan the training and training matrix.

A visible entity that we can share to specific clients advisors.

This is aimed at large scale projects and being able to prove training and competence during live site visits.

So when we are auditing sites with the Client they can access a view only dashboard or area where if they are asking a specific person about the activity that they can then see some information that relates to what they are trained on.

In essence it is like the asset system.

Where we can work together and collaborate (GDPR compliant) and start to improve what we currently have and give our clients and main contractors the confidence in the competence of personnel and our organisational capability.

I would also add that where I mentioned assets then with regards to personnel they are our ultimate resource as they are the front line linchpin of the company.

So if there was a simple way to add contractors as assets (people) then maybe this is a workaround for contractors being added to the system. Apologies for shooting off at a tangent but I was thinking as I was typing.

Yes so back to transparency the matrix and training must be linked and must be open to personnel within a business that are not paid users.

Otherwise I can see this turning off companies when they try to get to the Culture of the Company regarding safety to all employees, contractors and visitors.

Unlike Corey's business in our sector it may be the polar opposite where 95-98% of personnel are external and the maybe agency or self employed personnel.

However the same applies where we must and need to include them.as they are the front end worker who require communications and the skills That SC training and credentials may offer.

Regards Jonny

Hi @jonnyg ,

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback! These are all important considerations for future iterations of the training matrix.

Unfortunately I can’t provide timings for these presently, but have recorded your feedback and thank you again for the detailed notes! 

Thank you.

I think going forward to the members that are feeding back and actually spending their own time then maybe it is worthwhile actually recording this so that when the change is planned that the contributor is informed.

I have spent 100s of hours giving feedback that in my opinion is invaluable.

Going forward my question to the safety culture hierarchy is what are you giving back to the main contributors of this community?

In the real world of work we normally get a gain for what we do. I have been in probably 10 video calls etc with Australia where it has been my own thoughts about what need ato happen or could improve SC.

The personnel I meet with take a plethora of ideas and information and no doubt some is used. 

Still using my free time to help.

I seriously think you need to review this. I do not mind sometimes with solutions and ideas but surely SC should be giving back. We are not a charity.

Jonny G

The matrix is very good, especially managing members from different sites. Much more beneficial for overall management of the platform . Well done team

Agree Ady.

I think however now we have things linking up that there is so much more scope for an organization linked not just for training but assets, communications, eLearning, alerts, credentials, action and inspection... 

Ta Jonny G