Question

QR Code To Report Issue WIth Asset

Badge

Hello all!

I have found that I can use a QR code or NFC tag to quickly access an assets page on the app, and from there I can start an inspection or create an action.

What I would like is to have a QR code on each asset that anyone can scan and report an issue on. I know from the Issues page I can generate a QR code to report general issues. But is there a way to make it possible to report that issue immediately linked to an asset?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I had no idea the QR code thing was an option, this software never fails to surprise.

It would be great though to have the function you’re suggesting if it doesn’t exist.

Badge

I had no idea the QR code thing was an option, this software never fails to surprise.

It would be great though to have the function you’re suggesting if it doesn’t exist.

It would be great! Would allow our teams to more quickly report an issue about a specific machine and allow us on the report side to quickly organize our issues by machine.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@willsellon 

This is a common request and it will be prioritised for development as soon as we can. 

Currently we are working on a feature to automate planned maintenance on assets by using telematics/sensors or manual entry inspection data to trigger an activities.

We also really want to solve access for assets and bring in asset statuses.

So the linkage with Issues is likely to happen after that.  That said, our plans are fluid based on feedback and availability in other teams, like in this case their is a dependency with our Issues team, so work on this could get bought forward or pushed back as the year progresses.

Cheers,

Duncan