Skip to main content

I have created a template for doing fire door inspections.

when i go to a premises for initial inspection, I dont have any details, door location reference or id. i assign an id to each door on inspection and label it. 

An office may have over 100 doors. Currently this means 100 separate inspections. Is there any way to add doors to the inspection so they are all on one report?

Assets might work if it is possible to create an asset while inspecting. (eg; Start inspection on page 1, customer, office location etc, page 2; inspect door number 1, create asset, assign id, add barcode/qr code label, repeat for door 2 and so on)

Or has someone got an idea that will work?

I need to be able to inspect any amount of doors in a location and have them on one report.

Thanks

James

Hi James, 

Being able to inspect a number of assets all together into one report comes up a lot. At moment it is only one asset per inspection, but we have plans to change that. I expect that development to start next year once we’ve finished delivering maintenance programs and capturing utilisation on assets.

Your idea about creating assets during an inspection is an interesting one that we’d need to give more though as it would be quite complicated to build.

The asset creation function is a bit like an inspection flow at the moment. But doesn’t happen during an inspection (for now).

• Click <add asset>
  • Select type <firedoor>
  • Firedoor type has a series of fields to capture data that will then show up (like a mini inspection)
  • Fill in the fields
  • Qr code is automatically generated once the asset is saved

Do you already have barcodes or Qr codes on the doors?

If it has a barcode, you can use the barcode string as the unique ID and then scanning the door in the future will open that asset.

If it has a Qr code, as long as it is a string (not a deep link) it will work the same as a barcode. 

We will do a community update once you can perform multiple asset checks in a single inspection.

Cheers,

Duncan

Thanks Duncan,

I was hoping to use sequential barcode labels to id the doors.

James

You're currently enhancing your asset management system, moving towards allowing multiple assets to be inspected within a single report, which is expected to be developed after your current maintenance and utilization projects. Currently, asset creation is handled separately from inspections, involving a process similar to an inspection with data capture and automatic QR code generation. The idea of creating assets during an inspection is intriguing but complex, requiring further consideration. For now, barcodes or 1win app QR codes on assets like fire doors can be used as unique identifiers, enabling quick access to asset data during future inspections. A community update will be provided once the system supports multiple asset checks within a single inspection.

Hi James, 

Being able to inspect a number of assets all together into one report comes up a lot. At moment it is only one asset per inspection, but we have plans to change that. I expect that development to start next year once we’ve finished delivering maintenance programs and capturing utilisation on assets.

Your idea about creating assets during an inspection is an interesting one that we’d need to give more though as it would be quite complicated to build.

The asset creation function is a bit like an inspection flow at the moment. But doesn’t happen during an inspection (for now).

• Click <add asset>
  • Select type <firedoor>
  • Firedoor type has a series of fields to capture data that will then show up (like a mini inspection)
  • Fill in the fields
  • Qr code is automatically generated once the asset is saved

Do you already have barcodes or Qr codes on the doors?

If it has a barcode, you can use the barcode string as the unique ID and then scanning the door in the future will open that asset.

If it has a Qr code, as long as it is a string (not a deep link) it will work the same as a barcode. 

We will do a community update once you can perform multiple asset checks in a single inspection.

Cheers,

Duncan

Looking forward to being able to check multiple assets per inspection :D