Question

Can you skip questions in Safety Culture?

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a template with lots of questions. 

My first page is details about the inspection, however, after I have completed a few questions about the premises that I am at, if the customer was not at home I want to add some logic that skips all of the inspection questions and ends the inspection. By doing this I keep the evidence collected that I was at the premises address and would therefore only produce a short basic report rather than the full inspection report.

Anyone know how to do this???

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Why not add in a question “Is the customer home?”

Then two logics from the question. 

“yes” and you add in the inspection questions.

“No” and it skips the questions and goes through to the sign off. 

Badge

Why not add in a question “Is the customer home?”

Then two logics from the question. 

“yes” and you add in the inspection questions.

“No” and it skips the questions and goes through to the sign off. 

Thanks Andrew, as my template has about 100 questions after, this logic will not work. A no will just take me to the next question and wouldn’t jump the rest of the template to the end. I would like to have some sort of logic that a ‘no’ is an absolute no and takes me to the complete inspection box.

To put this into context. I inspect fire doors, so if the person is in then I can complete the whole inspection. But I want to fill in the address details, take a picture of the door etc (as an introduction to the door and its location) for all doors whether they are in or not, so it provides a one page audit report as proof that I was there (but they weren’t)!! Hence why I’d like it to ask the same questions to start with at the intro stage and if they are not in, then the ‘no’ finishes the report completely.

Hope that makes sense!?!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi.

Makes perfect sense. Are you sure you are unable to add that many questions into a logic? While I haven’t counted the number of questions, here is what I have done before. 

Highlight all of the questions and ctrl c.

Add the logic in for if the answer is yes ask question.

in the question, ctrl v. 

Then delete the original set of question from the template. 

Badge

I have a template with over 1300 questions - and 30 pages. In each page, I ask “Was X inspected?”

If yes - I ask questions.

If no - the user sees no further questions & must advance to the next page.

In your scenario, I agree with others as they have suggested as to “Is the Customer Home”?

Add Logic

If yes - paste questions

If no - have signoff.