Skip to main content

In this release, you can now:

Capture asset odometer and runtime readings from inspections and track usage over time.

What you’ll love about this new functionality

To better understand how your vehicle, machinery and equipment assets are being used, you can now capture odometer (mi/km) and runtime (min/hr) readings through inspections. When this data is captured in an inspection, asset profiles are automatically updated and utilization charts show usage over time. With this functionality you can now:

1. Better understand asset usage: Gain visibility into how your assets are used to identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement. 
  2. Plan maintenance checks: With insights into usage patterns, you can better predict and plan when your assets will need maintenance or replacement.
  3. Reduce downtime: By conducting routine maintenance checks, you can extend the lifespan of your assets and avoid unexpected failures, improving productivity and overall uptime.

How to get started with the new release

You can start capturing and tracking asset readings from inspections now. To learn how to set up your template questions and link them to asset profiles, check out our support articles here and here

For any additional support, contact our Support Team or your dedicated Customer Success Manager, and they’ll be happy to assist.

This is a very good update with regards to items that have a cycle counter such as distance etc. 

One thing I would add however is still that the asett system still is lacking some flexibility. 

I the assets settings for types in the summary fields there still does not seem to be a way to add a field with a drop down list.

This in my opinion is needed which could be similar to the options currently inninspection templates.

Also this would help in what I am currently trying to do... This is to have a traffic light system for each asset types based on the general risks for likelihood and potential to personnel, environment or the business. 

I do not have a current way to do this but see the following as essential when trying to define what we check and when. 

My thought process is that Red (high) risk then take precedence and mandatory provisions are put in place.

My way to do this is just general risk for plant but then means we can actually plan and complete checks based upon the risk instead of trying to boil the ocean type scenario. 

Can you please advise if... 

1. Choice option is to be made availabke

2. If other items can be added into summary fields. 

I feel that the above linked with labels then begins the commonality process with SC for data crunching and dashboard / KPI systems.

If I have missed something or this is already available then please accept my apologies. 

Kind regards John

I would also add that being able to add specific things to the summary field is important if i understand the current system based upon the following.

If an item can be added in the summary field that is a dropdown for example

• Red (High)
  • Amber (Med)
  • Green (Low)

Then this will save time because the only other current way to add would be by a field with text or currency etc.

Then when you look at data crunching and time surely this helps as it reduces time by only adding Red, Amber or Green when adding the asset type not every asset that is currently required.

Hope this makes sense.

It would add some benefit if a date field could also be captured from an inspection and be shown on the asset information page.

While we are waiting on bulk schedules by Asset type to be introduced if a user during an inspection documented the date the next scheduled inspection/calibration was due and this would appear on the asset information. 

Im assuming this would allow us to see it on the main Assets menu and we could filter the columns to quickly see what was coming up for calibration etc. 

Love this addition

Will be really good when in all other parts of the SC system.