Ability to change Schedule owner/access

Related products: Inspections

Currently, when a schedule is created, it is owned by a specific user, and that cannot be changed.  That person is the only one who can manage the schedule (make changes, see the missed/overdue status).  If that person leaves and the user is removed, the schedule still functions but only admins can make changes to it.  There is no way to filter to find all of those schedules because they are not a user in the filter options.  They are essentially abandoned, and we have a hard time to look through dozens or hundreds of schedules to find those, then manually update them as admins or to take screenshots of each one so an active user can recreate them.

The ideas:

• Allow a schedule owner the capability to assign edit/view access for that schedule to other users
  • Allow admins to be able to change the “owner” of a schedule and also be able to change access to other users
  • When a user is deactivated or removed, ask which other user you would like to give ownership of the schedule to (in fact, when removing a user, it already asks this for their templates, so I would also assign that other person ownership of their schedules; the feature would need to be extended to deactivating users)

Hey @Corey , 

This is certainly a problem we’re aware of and eager to resolve in the future. Bullet point 3 of your ideas is one I’m particularly passionate about as I think we could mitigate the risk of further ‘abandoned’ schedules going forward. 

I see two high level problems to navigate here:

Firstly reassigning a whole schedule to a new user/group of users due to turnover.

Secondly reassigning an occurence of a schedule if the assignee is sick or on vacation - how do you currently manage this? 

Curious to know how you first realise/discover that a schedule is abandoned? 

How I realize that a schedule is abandoned is often when someone reaches out to me that they need to make changes or delete a schedule because someone is getting reminders for it which are no longer necessary.  I then have to manually search all schedules for ones created by the person no longer with the company, which is a chore considering the filters won’t work for that person.  Every time I deactivate or delete a user, I have this concern in the back of my mind though.  

A lot of our schedules are assigned to shared users because it isn’t always the same person conducting the ones that are scheduled.  We’ve assigned them to free users which are the manager of those people so they also get a notification. They can then go out and tell the person who will do it that day.