Skip to main content

In this release, you can now:

Use units of measurement for number response questions in your templates.

What you’ll love about this new functionality

To ensure accurate information capture, your team may require multiple units of measurement depending on what is being inspected. This level of detail is crucial for maintaining data consistency and standardization. To facilitate accurate data capture, we have introduced 32 units that cater to a wide range of use cases. These units include:

• Distance (in, ft, mi, mm, cm, m, km)
  • Volume (mL, L, gal, m³)
  • Time (hr, min, s)
  • Temperature (°F, °C, K)
  • Weight (oz, lb, t, g, kg)
  • Electricity (A, Hz, Ω, V, W)
  • Others (cd, cycles, %, psi, mol)

How to get started with the new release

Units are available to start using in number response questions within templates today. To learn how to create number response questions and use units, check out our support articles here and here.

For any additional support, contact our Support Team or your dedicated Customer Success Manager, and they’ll be happy to assist.

Nice. Just saw this and updated a template already to utilise the new feature

Great to hear, Andrew! Hope it’s helpful for you and your team.

Got excited for a second there… then I realised it’s not applicable to calculations.

We complete assessments on food products by recording start weight, wash weight, etc. results are recorded in percentages, which is where % for calculations would be a huge advantage for us.

Back to excel I go. 😫

Hi Andrew k,

Thanks for the insight into what you are trying to do. I don’t have any timelines for you, but we do want to look at more complex functions within our calculations feature soon. When we do I’d love to reach out and make sure we are on the right path.

So, excel can continue to be your friend for now, but we will hopefully be able to help one day.

I’m curious if there are any other forms you use outside of SafetyCulture that you would love to get in but can’t?

Cheers,

Ryan

This is great! I’ll spend some time updating templates today 😎 if possible, could bar be added as a unit of pressure? And maybe some speed units such as m/s? Its great to see the continual updates and improvements that are being made! Thanks you!

This is a great feature.  There are a few missing.  I recently ran into an issue with a “currency” field that would benefit from units. I added it to the question text itself for now.  I would also like to see “commas” added to the number automatically.  I have a field with 8078400000 which is better read as 8,078,400,000.

• Currency $
    • USD
    • AUD
    • EUR
    • other major formats
  • Speed/Rate
    • items per hour (iph)
    • feet per second (fps)
    • meters per second (m/s)
  • Pressure/Force
    • bar
    • kilonewtons (KN)
    • pounds of force (lbf)
  • Time
    • days
    • weeks
    • months
    • years

Team

We are trying to completely get away from another platform and some of the options that we would need are missing or the ability for the person filling it out to select the unit of measurement would be even better for our ESG reporting.

Need: 

KWH

GJ

MCF

M3 for water, hydrogen, and natural gas (Thank you for having this one)

Thanks

Gary

Hi Everyone,

This feature is fantastic...I’ve used it already.

Could you please add:-

• Pascal (Pa)
  • Grams per Millilitre (g/mL)

Thanks,

Andrew

Just as side note to this excellent addition. 

This would be fantastic within actions and assets.

Especially assets that are generally plant that will have parameter relating to numbers and other measurements etc. 

Ta Johnny

Can calculations also be used with number when choosing a unit?