Integrate SimPro with Assets

Related products: Integrations Assets

It would be great if SimPro could be integrated into assets.

Hey Guys,

I’m a heavy simPRO user since 2017 and use the Plant & Equipment database for tracking all of our company assets such as vehicles, electrical testing equipment, LOLER devices etc. We’re also falling in love with SafetyCulture and see the ‘Asset’ facility it provides as a logical next step in our operational development for more efficiencies. What’s the likelihood of an api link into the simPRO P&E database to feed SafetyCulture Assets? 

Thanks for the feedback, it would be great to understand the Simpro plant and equipment feature further and how it can work side by side with SafetyCulture. If you would be happy to have a call and show me through it, could you please send me a direct message with your email address?

@Chris Southwell , Hope you are well, 

I understand that here you have requested a direct integration from SC to simPRO and they might build it one day themselves anyway. 

In the meanwhile if you or anyone else wants to use Simpro with SafetyCulture, We at SyncEzy have developed a deep integration between the two systems.  It goes fairly deep and connects SC with simpro to allow users to use both the apps together. 

Simpro SafetyCulture integration by SyncEzy Overview

The Inspection  Technician simply has to enter the Job Number and we bring across all the Simpro Data into SafetyCulture  and we also take the SC inspection PDF and save it back into Simpro Attachments.

Here’s a workflow graphic.

Simpro SafetyCulture integration by SyncEzy Workflow

You can find more details and a detailed demo video here : 
https://syncezy.com/simpro-safety-culture-integration/tour/

To get the pricing and start a trial go to : Simpro SafetyCulture Integration in the SyncEzy Portal  or reach out to us on Sales (at) SyncEzy (dot) com

We look forward to assisting more Simpro and SafetyCulture customers get the best out of both apps.

@Chris Southwell & @Elmleigh,

This is a great suggestion and something I’ve been pondering over for the last few months.

Less than a year ago, Simpro opended endpoints in their API that allow you to “Check-In” and “Check-Out” plant and equipment. I’m currently running an integration that let’s you check in/out plant and equipment by filling in a SafetyCulture inspection.

Other than allowing technicians to check out gear (mostly tools and electrical/comms testing equipment), it also gives us the opportunity to ask checklist questions at the point of checkout. For example, if they’re taking a ladder, we ask them to do a visual inspection to make sure the struts and feet are in good condition, if they’re taking testing equipment they need to confirm that the calibration is up-to-date, etc.

Vehicle inspections are completed quarterly, and a pdf of the inspection is uploaded to the vehicle record in Simpro and the custom field for mileage is updated based on the data entered into the inspection.

If you have a chance, I’d love to show you what I’ve done, and what’s possible.

Please send me a DM to discuss further.

Ben.