Include job position in a user details so I can use it for group management

Related products: User management

Hey Team SafetyCulture,

I’d like to make a suggestion in the Users section. 

I’d like to suggest that under the ‘Details’ section of a user there is a space to put the Users Job Position. We have 100’s of staff round the world and it would make it easier to define users into groups if we could put in their Job Position.

Thanks

Emma

Hey Emma,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I’m Jacob, a Product Manager here at SafetyCulture. My team focuses on the area of the platform you’re referring to.

Your idea is very well timed! We have begun thinking about a very similar idea over the past few months. Would it be possible to spend 30mins with you to discuss your idea in more detail?

Thanks,

Jacob

NewDiscussion ongoing

Hi Jacob, 

I can certainly spare some time for you. You can drop me an email at emma.flynn@intrepidtravel.com and we can set up a time for a chat.

Emma

This makes a lot of sense. This could be tied to “dynamic groups” as a new feature, similar to what EdApp has.  We create groups in SC for each site such as their management team, supervisors, all users, safety team, maintenance, etc.  With a dynamic group feature, we could define which sites/titles belong in those groups so their membership is automated.

Discussion ongoingPlanned feature