Customise Repeat Section Headers

Related products: Templates

As per the example above, we have a repeatable section for ‘Terrace’ but from the perspective of the user, it is not clear what each terrace is until you click on the section and review the notes.

So in the example of a shopping centre, the user will need to add a new ‘Terrace’ for each shop they inspect. So Terrace 1 might be ‘John Lewis’, Terrace 2 might be ‘Zara’, Terrace 3 might be ‘Apple Store’ and so on.

Let’s say the user is on site and they have added 30 shops (or ‘Terraces’ in the above example). The inspection now has 30 Terrace sections. The user then realises that they need to add some more notes to the ‘Apple Store’ section but they don’t know which of the 30 Terrace sections is ‘Apple Store’ so they need to spend time clicking through each Terrace repeat until they find it. If, however, the user was able to customise the header of each Terrace repeat then it would be much easier for them to identify because the Section Header would read ‘Apple Store’ instead of, for instance ‘Terrace 4’.

Hi @K.Maxim my name’s Paddy and I am the Product Manager for the Inspections team here at Safety Culture. I’d love to hear more about your ideas in this post including your other post around allowing users to duplicate a repeated section. 

If you would like to organise a time to chat further you can reach me on paddy.bell@safetyculture.io and we can organise a call :) 

All the best! 

I agree with this - perhaps there is a built-in field under the repeat section named “section descriptor.”  If it’s fire extinguishers, for example, you could add its labeled identifier there such as FE-MS-1, FE-MS-2, FE-OF-1.  If the repeat section title was “Fire Extinguisher”, then in the report you’d see “Fire Extinguisher - FE-MS-1” and so on.

Tied to that, I’d love to see a min, max, and min/max setting on Repeat Sections when editing the template.  We would use this a lot more if we could force users to add a certain amount before considering the inspection complete, or limit them so they don’t create extras.  

This is a necessity. In the example above, the Section Heading is focused on Terrace numbering, not the specific, easily recognizable name. At present you would need to have the first question being: What is the Terrace Name for example. This is not easy for the user, not is in the headlight for the Client when they are readying a Safety Culture report.