Credentials History

Related products: User management

It would be nice to see the old Credentials  i.e. some type of history. we need to able to see the date they were first certified and download the old certificates

Hey @ldutton thanks for reaching out. 

We do actually have credential history. It can be accessed by the 3 dot menu next to the credential

either on the user profile or within the credential list. 

From here you can see all of the versions and you can even click into them to view the previous media and all data. 

We don’t currently have a way to download the history in bulk but you can access the media 1 by 1 through each version.

I’d love to know more about the type of download you’d require and the purpose of it to see if we could potentially solve this problem.

Let us know if we’re missing anything else or you have any feedback! 

love it this works great sorry I missed it

few more comments on Credentials 

1. I’d love to have the credential a apart of the exporter so I can create reports on the certificates and send custom reminders https://github.com/SafetyCulture/safetyculture-exporter/releases
  2. when re deactivate a user they should no longer show in the list of expired or expiring credentials the first line is a deactivate / terminated employee (maybe this is re-fresh issue)
  3. the only other comment I have on Credentials is a better system to manage access as the person who manages certificate should not have access to users profiles see this thread Credentials Access | Community (safetyculture.com)

Hey @ldutton 

Thanks so much for this additional feedback. It’s very helpful. 

1:

Are you currently using the Exporter? We are currently exploring how we can make getting data out from our system easier for anyone wanting to use SafetyCulture as the source of truth.

We are in the process of building notifications to send to users so they can update their credentials when they expire. These would be sent at 90 days (when the status changes to expiring soon), 30 days and the day of expiry. 

Additionally we are looking at adding an Export to Excel of all credentials so you can easily see all of the credentials across your organisation and their expiry dates. Would this be useful for you

2: 

Thanks for letting us know that deactivated users are showing in the list. We have logged this and will fix it soon. 

3: 

Thanks for the feedback about credentials permissions. I can completely see how this would be useful to have it decoupled from the user management permission and it’s something we are currently exploring although we don’t yet have an timeline as we still need to weigh up some additional options. 

What  I would like to see as Credentials and Training are linked going forward is a database etc as per images above but also a QR code for the use (they are the ultimate asset) where it shows the training and access to the certificates.

When we are building systems and planning etc the thing i want to also do is actively make this collaboration for all parties, so when i am on site conducting any audit i can be assured that compliance is being met for competence (Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Training) by getting a quick view access.

Then in the audit this is verification of the observation.
In some cases it may mean a gap and an action raised for the site or the organisation.

This how links the training and credentials to the checking process.