Convert custom (local) response sets to Global Response Sets

Related products: Templates

I have lots of “Multiple Choice Reponses” saved in a template but would like to be able to convert these into global responses so they can be used in other templates. This will ensure a consistent feel to any future templates that as a company we create.

Is it possible to move a response from local template to global response sets ?

I would like to be able to do this as well, of course, if you have the global response permissions.  Sometimes you start out with a template custom response set then realize it’s too large, hard to manage, or valuable in other templates.  You can already copy a question from one template to another and bring that response set with you, which is how I direct our sites.  But converting to global has additional value in specific cases.

Adding to this, I’d like to be able to delete custom response sets within a template.  If you duplicate a template or add questions/responses then decide you don’t need them, it becomes quite cluttered.

Hello Elmleigh team! As you’ve likely already discovered, using global response sets is an effective method to enhance the template return of investment across various templates.

I would like to confirm that currently, we do not have the capability to convert local multiple choice response sets into global response sets. However, thank you for sharing your valuable insight with us and getting it on our radar! 

Paddy

Adding to this request, I’d also like to be able to have “site-specific” global response sets.  I don’t want to give everyone in the company access to edit global response sets, but they would like to be able to create their own, in addition to the companywide and automated (through API) lists I’ve created.  While it is great that they can copy a question from one template to another to carry a custom response set, they often forget about that feature.  Or if they use that feature, any time they need to update that list, they have to do it in every template that might use the same responses.