Adjust automations to not have the user named from SafetyCulture Integration Builder

Related products: Integrations

Within the SafetyCulture Integration Builder, if I have setup automations via an API token anything that results within platform will name the action as coming from me.

Example

This is a problem on two fronts:

• Everyone in my org thinks I am actually creating all this stuff - so they contact me… but really it is an automated workflow that I have created based on our business requirements
  • I get all the notifications for the stuff I have created via the workflows, so if I ever have to know if something is relevant to me I have disengaged from notifications all together from SC

It would be great if we could have any automations created via the builder not name the user, but have a title that is more generic an example but not precious of “Automated workflow” - Created by automated workflow. Also don’t give me the notifications please!

Hope that makes sense, if you have any questions reply and can get  you more information.

Thanks for the feedback Ben.

One technique you might like to try is to create a dedicated user for integrations: 

1. You can create a User with the name you would like to appear e.g. “Automated Workflow”
  2. Create a new SafetyCulture Connection in Integration Builder with that user’s API key
  3. Use the new connection in those recipes
  4. Actions will then appear as created by “Automated Workflow”
  5. Notifications can be configured separately for that user
  6. Permissions can be configured separately from your own account