Example reports

Related products: Templates

We would like to have an example report available based on a template. This would be used as an educational tool for existing and new staff to show them how text answers or notes should be answered or formatted. We would also like this example report to link to the template. So, if the template changes, do does the example report, which would need updating.

We tell staff to look at previous reports, but the reports may not be complete in their entirety or can be difficult to easily access as a ready reckoner.

I made a training template that I used for live demonstration on a screen-mirrored iPad.  The template can have multiple report formats so you can show options there.  If you include a link to the template in an instruction field, and one of the report formats shows instructions, you can link back to the template.  Below are samples of the questions I put in the template to showcase different response types, logic, repeat sections, and pages.

Hi @Matt Roche, I hope you having a great week so far and thanks for the suggestion!

Having an example report based on a template to serve as an educational tool for both existing and new staff.

Understanding how templates, inspections, and inspection reports work in the SafetyCulture platform would be very important, when onboarding new team members and for existing team members.

I still remember when I first got onboarded to SafetyCulture and learning the basics of the SC platform, and I agree with you, it took me a while to understand how it all works and comes together.

As always, awesome workarounds shared by @Corey here. Another alternative would be to attach the PDF file of the example inspection report to the instructions response. This allows team members to view the attached PDF file while conducting the inspection on both web and mobile.

Happy to discuss further and here are a few potential opportunities I can think of top of my head to showcase and communicate “best practices”.

1. Ability to pin one of the inspection report (example report) to a specific template. This pinned inspection report could be used as a reference or a guide before conducting an inspection with a specific template. 
  2. Set placeholder texts for selected questions (text answer response types and notes) in the Template Editor. This could help team members to understand what is expected before answering text related questions.
  3. ?

Although we may not be able to guarantee if this is something the inspection reports team can jump on immediately or in the next few months, I love the idea and the feedback here!

I’ve left the third point with a question mark as there will be many different ways to tackle and look into this further and we would love to hear what you think @Matt Roche!

Hey @Corey, love the Training template you’ve made for your team members!

Just curious, have you considered trying using the SafetyCulture Training? You can set up courses and lessons so your team members can learn more about how to better use SafetyCulture and learn best practices for conducting inspections with one of your organization’s templates.

The multiple choice questions are fine and would be easy for staff to follow after appropriate training and practice. It’s the text answers I would like to fine tune and for my staff to see how the multiple values, units and/or sentence is structured for particular questions. These can be small things; However, I would like to have consistency in our reporting and spend extra time in making unnecessary changes.