Filter/sort by Site in Group management

Related products: User management

With the advanced/dynamic site-based rules that are now available throughout the platform, I have been making some companywide groups (particularly for Issue notifications).  The challenge is that if I need to know who is in a group from a particular site, I have no way of doing this. I would need to click on each user in the site, click on the Sites tab, then click “back.”  This is tedious, hard to remember, and gives me know way to see a complete list.

It would be really hand if:

1. The “Groups” page had a toggle on/off column for “Users’ Sites” which showed a list of all the sites the group members are part of on the row for each group.
  2. The “Groups” page had a filter for both “users” and "sites” so I could see only groups that specific users are in or groups that have users associated to specific sites.
  3. The “Group Management” page for a single group had a toggle on/off column for “User’s Sites” which showed a list of all the sites the group members are associated with on the row for each user.
  4. The “Group Management” page for a single group had a filter for “sites” so I could see only group members that are associated to specific sites.

Hey Corey,

Thanks for reaching out about this as I wasn’t aware of this struggle around intersection rules. As I mentioned before, surfacing the right information (including memberships) is something we’re looking at.

A couple of alternatives that I’d like to hear if they would help:

• Intersection rules filter on the user list (so you could preview the list of users)
  • [Pending the visibility settings I mentioned on your other post] previewing the list of users while choosing the intersection rules

I’m not quite sure what you are describing with “intersection” filter on the User list or previewing users while choosing “intersection” rules.  I see on the “Users” page there is a filter for Groups and for Sites.  Honestly, I don’t recall both of those filters being there.  Technically, I can get what I need by working both filters.  If I need to see each site’s members of a specific group, I would just have to go through and update the filter to switch sites.  If I need to look at another group, I’d have to then update the group filter, then go through the sites filter again. While it may be a bit of work than just seeing it laid out on the groups page, it does get me what I’d need.

Gotcha. Yes, it’s certainly not keeping you in the moment should you need to check for names for intersection rules through re-applying filters on the user list, so plenty to improve there. I have made a note of both of these user visibility suggestions to make sure it’s not forgotten when we plan out our next improvements in this space. Great suggestions and feedback Corey 🙏

NewNot planned