Having the Ability to Write a Comment per Photo/Video

Related products: Inspections

Hello, we are a quality control team for cleaning, and while using SafetyCulture, we encountered an issue:  

During site inspections, we take numerous photos, and we struggle to locate exactly where each photo was taken. For example:  

At a site, we capture photos of the men's restrooms on the 1st floor, the women's restrooms on the 2nd floor, the accessible restrooms on the 2nd floor, and the men's restrooms on the 3rd floor. Upon returning to the office, to avoid forgetting which restroom each photo corresponds to, we're forced to write comments like "photo 1: men's restroom, 1st floor; photo 2: women's restroom, 2nd floor; photo 3: accessible restroom, 2nd floor; photo 4: men's restroom, 3rd floor" to keep track.

We propose implementing a feature in SafetyCulture that allows users to add comments directly to each photo or video taken during inspections. This would greatly enhance efficiency and organization, ensuring that inspectors can easily identify the location and context of each image without the need for separate notes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

You can already do this.  After you take a photo, it will appear that it’s ready for another photo.  Click the preview of the photo you just took in the bottom left corner.  Click the paintbrush on it to bring up the “annotate” screen.  In the bottom left corner, change the pen type to “text” tap where you want to type then type.  It’ll use whatever color you had chosen before you clicked to type.  You can also enlarge, B, I or U your text while on the typing box.

Perfect I didn't know thank you very much

You can already do this.  After you take a photo, it will appear that it’s ready for another photo.  Click the preview of the photo you just took in the bottom left corner.  Click the paintbrush on it to bring up the “annotate” screen.  In the bottom left corner, change the pen type to “text” tap where you want to type then type.  It’ll use whatever color you had chosen before you clicked to type.  You can also enlarge, B, I or U your text while on the typing box.

Perhaps this functionality is only available on iOS because my colleagues and I use Android for our work phones, and we don't have this feature when trying to annotate a photo taken on SafetyCulture

The feature of annotation is available in iOS and android.

So when a photo or group of photos are added you can annotate with text.

To be fair this is due an update as annotation has not been updated for 10 years on SC.

Just my thoughts but in your templates the more flexible that they are built makes it easier to add photos for specific reasons or areas.

So if you have a field in a section you can choose repeat.

So if it is an area.

Add the area 

Take photos (annotate)

Then click + and you can repeat with a different area.

If you are doing this in specific building then you can even have the rooms or areas as an option then just add photos after your choice.

We use this for dynamic quality control on new build project with many levels and areas.

Then within the title for the inspection you can add the specific info as you build the inspection.

If you want any further info please message and I will forward examples.

Jonny G