Creating an action from an issue

Related products: Actions

I was experimenting using actions and issues and thought that it would be great if we can create an action from an issue. Something similar to starting an inspection from an issue since it would save us a great deal of time. 

Adding on to this I thought it would be great if we can also start an issue or inspection automatically depending on the priority selected. I feel it would it would be more efficient and make the team aware what needs to be done during work. 

Open to thoughts and discussions!

Yeah I like how we can create an Action directly from an inspection so it might be useful to have that also available from Issues. If we have more staff working on an Issue in addition to the assignee, it would be good if someone can directly see all the details from the Action as well.

Absolutely @Peter, I completely agree. If someone’s working on resolving an incident, it would be useful to get an action plan together and assign tasks out to specific people to help resolve it as effectively as possible. If we could create actions in an issue, this would help with that granularity, that extra level of detail 👍🏻

I’m loving this community page as I get to see how everyone uses SC differently...I actually prefer to keep issues and actions seperate. 

You might as well leave the reported issue as “opened” and work with your team until it’s fully resolved. Instead of creating another action that’s linked with this specific issue.

At the end of the day, it could be just personal preference thing.

Great discussion here!

100% agree.  Just like there is now a “+ inspection” button on Issues, there should be a “+Actions”.  We don’t want to manage actions that result from a reported issue within the Issues feature, but rather from the Action list where action planning happens.  The user reporting the issue may not know what to do, so we can click that button later. Just like Actions show what inspection they came from, they could also show what Issue they came from. Within the Issue you would have a link to the Action.

Hi @Juellia, thank you for flagging. 

I’m a product manager here at SafetCulture and work within the Actions team. 

We havent started work on this functionality yet but are actively exploring ways we can implement this in the not too distant future. 

I’m eager to understand more around starting an Issue or Inspection automatically depending on the priority selected, could you expand on the use case a little more? 

If you want to talk this through, please feel free to find a time in my calendar which suits you. 

NewWork in progress

100% Agree, at the moment I resolve an issue with reference to the AC number. I then create pdf of the issue and add it to the action. Would be great if this was intergrated.

Work in progressReleased

Thanks everyone for your patience as we introduce this feature! You can find out more in this product update 😄

Glad to see this! Now we have to figure out how priority/due date/resolved within the Issue best flows with the Action so we avoid duplicating effort.