Inspection QR Code Scanner Integration with Assets

Related products: Inspections

When doing an inspection using the Barcode/QR code scanner in inspection it can not pick up assets QR codes which are held within safety culture and link it with the asset. It would be good if when doing inspection especially within the assets questions being able to just scan the QR code in the inspection instead of having to find the asset within the list of assets or searching in the list for it while doing the inspection.

That could be interesting.  Are you suggesting being able to make QR codes not just to inspect using a specific template, but also pre-assign the asset that will be selected in the inspection using the QR code?  For example, the QR code could be Template “Daily Forklift OSHA Inspection” and also add an asset “Forklift 1.”

@Corey 

No.

When doing inspection and the question has a response called text, you can scan and add barcodes, QR codes, Bluetooth devices and more in. It would be good if when you scanned the Safety Culture QR codes it links that asset as currently it gives you a long URL which is unusable, much like if you scan the QR code for a SC assets with the SC app.

Ok, I misunderstood.  It makes sense what you are asking to address.  Maybe I came up with a totally different but also useful addition.

@Corey 

Apologies for my bit blunt response.

I could see your idea become a much bigger thing regarding information around inspection and how that is managed. It would be much better to be able to just scan the QR code and it show you the template, recent inspection, publish history, schedules. All the data relating to the template in a single place, would be a life saver in some circumstances.