Customise actions emails

Related products: Actions

Could we add the ability to have more information included in the Actions email, at the moment it’s very basic and we’d like the data in the email to generate an approval workflow in Power Automate. At this stage there’s not enough data in the email to be useful.

I’ve had several people ask for more details in all emails - Inspection Flagged Question notifications, Actions, Issues.  They want to be able to see what details of the inspection, what the action is, and what the issue is without having to click the link to login to a website or open the app.

Hey @PaulP

Thanks for the great feedback. I’m one of the engineers from the Actions team, and this improvement is something that has been in our radar. Hopefully we’ll get to it soon.

To understand better, what other info would be good to be included for you? I saw @Corey ‘s suggestion of seeing the inspection detail. How about sites, assets, etc? I’m conscious of striking the balance as giving too much information in the email could leak the data, especially if someone accidentally assign the action to an external assignee.

Cheers

Enrico

Hi Enrico, thanks so much for the reply. We’ve started using Assets in SC for fridges/freezers etc, if that equipment is problematic then staff members can create an action. Ultimately that will start an approval process using Power Automate and a SharePoint list. At this stage there’s just not enough data from the Action email to create anything worthwhile in a SharePoint list

Ideally if we could get the asset name, a description of the fault and the site name then that would be great!

Thank you, we’ll definitely considering this when we’re working on the notifications improvements. Thank you for using SafetyCulture Paul.