Support annotation on the web app

Related products: Inspections

We have tried to use the Annotate question in our templates, but it is quite lacking, in my opinion, in that you can’t add a templated image for them to annotate, nor can you annotate in the webapp.

I propose that the template author can load an image to be annotated, such as a vehicle outline for a vehicle handover check - think like a rental car sheet you mark bumpos and scuffs on.

The annotate function should then work on all apps and wthe webapp if required.

I believe annotation only works on a tablet or phone, not on a desktop. It would be great for it to work on all devices the exact same. 

Hey @gary.thistlethwaite 👋 thank you for creating the idea!

To address part of your post – uploading a template image for annotation is definitely possible right now. When editing a template, there’s an option to Upload image to annotate for questions using that response type.

But you’re absolutely right with the pain point for not being able to annotate on the web app.

I’ll update the post title to focus the idea on that point so other community members can find and upvote the idea :)

Being able to annotate from the web app would help productivity in my case. I have always thought there should be a way to do so and have been surprised this has never been implemented. Currently, when I do an inspection there are areas where I have to use a remote robot camera to capture pictures, which then has to be download onto a laptop and imported into SC. I then have to go back into the mobile device to annotate any images I uploaded the report. Being able to annotate from the web app would eliminate extra steps.