Restricted signature signing in inspections

Related products: Templates Inspections

We have quite a number of inspections which have stages of approvals, for example, get signed off by an engineer, followed by a sign off by a manager on another page. Currently anyone can sign theses signatures. While we can see what user has signed them via the history, it’s not quick. Being able to restrict who can sign what signature question would be a huge step forward in approval processes and ownership. 

When creating the template, you could select what users or groups have the permission to sign that specific signature question. Like you do with assets and filtering down what can be selected by choosing the type. Users who don’t have permission, can see the question but it’s greyed out and they can see who is allowed to sign the field. 

If this was to become a feature, it could be introduce very quickly into many of our inspection. 

-

Hi @wbd-danw my name’s Paddy and I am the Inspections Team Product Manager. Thank you very much for reaching out! 

We’re actually working on a solution in this problem space and would love to show you some of the designs such that we can get your feedback and ensure we’re heading in the right direction. 

If you’d be keen for a zoom meeting please reach out on paddy.bell@safetyculture.io and we can organise a time to chat ! 

That is an interesting idea. We label the signature fields with the title of who needs to sign it, and I’m not sure we often have problems with the wrong person signing.  We also have cases where the signature field is not always used, as it is for random record/practice validation which is not done on every one of that type of record, so we cannot require the field.  It would be neat if you could restrict by user/group (optionally) on signature fields as to whom can sign them, and then perhaps tie a “status/stage” to that signature field.