Automatically fill/complete certificates in inspections

Related products: Inspections Inspection Report

Be able to upload a blank PDF or image certificate to an inspection when designing it and drag and drop in the fields which are in the inspection on to the PDF/image. When the inspection is done, it generates the normal inspection report, but also populates a the PDF/image with the information from the inspection onto the PDF/image and then you have a certificate for the inspection. So if people have to do gas inspection and instead of filling out the gas safe form, after they can do it on the safety culture app and it automatically populates the gas safe inspection report.

I don’t have the exact same need, but a similar one that could be accomplished the same way.  Your “certificate” would be a custom report in my view.  We have use cases where I am hesitant to switch over to SafetyCulture because the traditional report format is not desirable for either of them.  In one case, we have a “tag” with some of the key details with a pretty, landscaped, single-page which is in a distant-visible very custom layout.  The SC reports cannot be customized with regards to layout of the fields, fonts, colors, etc.  In another situation, we have a multi-page report, but the questions/values are laid out to make it easy to find key information and use up the full page, also in landscape.

Hi @swhite and @Corey thanks so much for reaching out. 

While we don’t have this particular functionality set in our sites for our current roadmap...Thank you very much for getting it on our radar as it sure is getting us thinking! 

All the best and thanks again,

Paddy. 

I am envisioning an option for an “advanced” report builder.  This would be in addition to the “basic” available today, because most of the time that is all you need. Perhaps the “advanced” could allow you to:

• drag and drop fields wherever you want
  • adjust font size/weight of both the label and value
  • allow removing fields from the page altogether
  • allow toggling to landscape page orientation
  • still have all the options the current report builder has

SC Team - any thoughts on an advanced report builder?  It would be great if there was an option to use the current default format or edit in advanced mode to do the things I mentioned, plus as Swhite mentioned, be able to upload a document as a background template where we can then populate the format with the question responses we want.  The current report format is not very pretty, is very lengthy, and is a one-size fits all approach that doesn’t always work.  More customization capabilities have been added, but it’s not nearly enough.

This would be great for certificates, training logs, nonconforming reports, supplier audits, product qualification, tags, etc.