Link inspections to "missed/overdue" schedules

Related products: Inspections

Hi,

I have a question in regard to Scheduling Inspections, unless you click the link from the schedule it doesn't mark it as completed even though it may have been completed which then shows up as "missed/overdue" ... is there a workaround to this that anyone has implemented?

We have hundreds of inspections and the fact that this happens makes this feature almost impossible to use and have reverted to using personal calendars to set reminders.

Ideally, if it’s been conducted, it would be good if somehow it was marked off as being completed 😀

Hi @nickm 👋🏼

I can see that being very frustrating indeed!

Being able to link inspections to a schedule retroactively so it becomes complete rather than missed sounds like a great idea, so I’ll go ahead and convert this post to an idea so other members can vote and provide feedback as well 💡

For now, a few things to note to ensure inspections are linked with their relevant schedule:

• Ensure inspections are started and completed while online (connected to the internet) – sadly, scheduled inspections are not supported for use while offline.
  • Ensure inspections are started within their scheduled window – if it’s within the window, even if you start the inspection from the template (not from the schedule directly), you should have the option to start against the schedule:

I agree with this idea. We often have someone see the schedule or just know that they are supposed to do something, so they find the template and start the inspection. However, because they did not initiate it from the scheduled event on the Home tab, it doesn’t mark it off as completed.  It would be ideal that the system recognized when an inspection using the correct template and by a person assigned to a scheduled event within the appropriate timeframe did an inspection that it would automatically associate it to the schedule.  It instances where it was off (slightly early/late, different person, etc.), then an option to link it manually to the schedule would be another great feature to have.  

I totally agree also. I recently scheduled an inspection for the whole company. The schedule was for the first 7 days of the month but they could be submitted after the due date.

As everyone was receiving an email reminder each day, the inspections that were completed were by clicking on the link in the email. 

The issue with accepting late submissions is in my mind where the greater chance of completing via the template. So I sent an email to all users still to complete their inspection and requested they do so but also gave an instruction on how to find the link in my schedule. It is working so far but took some time to add the users into the email.

So it would be great if there were a way to send a reminder as with Heads Up.