Track whether inspections are duplicated or not

Related products: Inspections

Is there a way to determine whether an inspection is a duplicate or original from the templates in your system? Tyring to see whether individuals are simply duplicating an inspection or actually working through it. 

Maybe have option in background whether an inspection can be duplicated or not.

Hi @Nigel Arnold 👋🏼

Sadly there’s no easy way to find out whether an inspection was duplicated or not :(

A workaround we have right now is to refer to the inspection history and check the timestamp for each question.

• If the timestamps are incremental, then likely the inspection was actually worked through normally.
  • If the timestamp indicates everything happened at once, then the inspection was likely duplicated.

Just so we can look to support this properly in the future, I’ll also go ahead and convert this post to an idea! 💡

We often have people click start from the wrong template or forget they had one started earlier in the day and start another.  A lot of times we can look at the score - if it’s a low % and there is another for the same event started with a higher score or completed, we know that was an accidental inspection.  It’s a lot of maintenance for sure, and many get left behind.

I did a practice run and completed a take 5 ( workplace inspection).I waited 6 hours before duplicating and re saving the inspections.

When checking the timestamp, it was difficult to determine whether or not is was a duplicate or not. It would be nice to have on the timestamp the date/time or the original completed inspection. For the safety of our workers, it would be preferred workers complete from scratch rather than duplicating, I know you can also check from time spent completing the inspection.

Maybe a background stats in timestamp where it tells you whether it  is duplicated and time to complete.,

Sorry for the late reply here @Nigel Arnold, and thank you for trying it out already 🙏🏼

I definitely agree that it’s not tricky to identify whether an inspection is a duplicate or not. As mentioned before, let us use this idea here and track when we can make improvements in this space in the future.

Thank you again for posting this and sharing the pain point!

Any chance we allow certain users to be able to duplicate, or have a choice whether or not an inspection can have the duplication option.

If under users in menu then permission set had the option to duplicate template an an option, you could select or unselect for each user.

Perhaps when starting an inspection, in the background you can check if any user from the same site recently created an inspection from the same template within X minutes (those minutes could be a setting on the template).  There may be things they could actually be allowed to make a new one in 5 minutes and other things that you don’t want more than one created in 30 days.  A message could appear “You created an inspection 2 minutes ago - are you sure you want to start another?” or “User Ben Franklin from the same Atlanta site started an inspection 50 minutes ago - are you sure you want to start another?”