Undo changes in template

Related products: Templates

Would like to have the ability to remove all changes made since last published template . If I made a simple mistake and something changes the template, I cannot tell what the changes are and I can’t always ‘undo’. Having a cancel button, revert changes, and/or stop auto save would be very helpful.

It would be great to have a template “change log” so we can see what was changed per question/section/page and the date/user that changed it - either all time since that template was created or at least back to the last couple save/publish events.  Then perhaps a button “revert to last published version” could be added, and it would show which changes will be made if you go back to that last published version.

Definitely a feature I would like to have!

Hi @mderec01, thanks so much for reaching out :) 

We’ve recently reached a feature called “Revert Unpublished Changes” which I feel could solve the pain point you have described. If you click on the three dots next to the publish button you will be able to discover this feature. I will attach a link to a help centre article below as well :) 

https://help.safetyculture.com/en-US/002006/

This worked - thank you!

The revert unpublished changes feature is great. But you may not want to do that and simply need to know what changed for the sake of understanding what you or others have done to it, or to explain to an auditor when/how your inspection was changed. Or you may want to know what changed before you revert in case you want to keep those changes, especially if it was someone else that made the change and you weren’t aware of it.