Create sign off required option before action can be fully closed out

Related products: Inspections

I would like to see SafetyCulture create a “Sign Off Required” Toggle for inspections. FSMA and many 3rd part audit schemas require that all documentation related to the Food Safety System be signed off by a PCQI within 7 working days.

Currently there is the option to notify another user when a question has been completed, but I would like my users to be able to complete the inspection and then it would notify my organizations individuals that are in the “PCQI” group, who will then review it and kick it back for alterations, create actions based on answers, or sign off if everything looks appropriate.

You would essentially add another “status” to an inspection. The flow would look something like “In Progress” → “Out For Review” → “Complete”

I would like something similar as well. We need 2 new features in the “Template Access” page:

1. Setup “notifications” for a template to notify a user or group that it has been completed. Currently we have sites using a single question with “if answered” logic to get a notification that one has been done, but that is a workaround.  Perhaps to not be complicated like Issues currently are (notifications automatically give access, but access can be setup separately and just not notify them), on each access rule maybe we can select who gets notifications.
  2. Separately, there should be a “verification review” permission.  When enabled, you would select which users and/or groups can perform this step. This verification review would force one of the selected users to review the report and click a button that it was performed properly or needs to be corrected (with a required comments field so you can state what is wrong). The current workflow is Incomplete → Complete.  If verification review is turned on, then we would insert into the middle Incomplete → Awaiting Review / Review Rejected → Complete.  If you have not reviewed, it would be Awaiting Review, if you have reviewed but kicked back for corrections, it would be Review Rejected, and if the review was approved, it would then be Complete.  If the review is rejected, someone would have to read the comments for rejection, make changes, then click that it was completed.  It would be routed to the reviewer users/group again.

I posted a long list of things related to document management: Document Management | Community (safetyculture.com). See #8 Inspection Archive. I want to make reviewing and archiving inspections easier. The person who archived it and when should be captured and visible. When you archive, there should be an option to “mark as delete” so we can easily find the ones that we want to fully remove (tests, accidental duplicates). We should be able to more quickly move through inspections to review and archive them.

I think there are complementary things in that particular item to your feature idea.

Agree with the above around review inspections, document management and control. Particularly in the space of incident investigations.

I posted about this and SC rep mentioned the below was forecast for later in 2023:

‘’Towards the end of this year and into next year we plan to start bringing in a higher fidelity “Inspection Approvals Process” which I think could address this feedback you have given so stay tuned’’ !

Hi @Broc Reed and @Corey thanks for sharing and @Steve O'Connor love your work in linking a few of the different threads together! You are totally correct, towards the end of this year and into next we aim to start bringing in our new “Inspections Approvals” process/feature. 

This will involve being able to add an approvals/sign off component/step/feature at the template level. When Inspections of this type are ‘finished’ by the inspector, instead of going into a ‘completed’ state, we aim to bring in a new status along the lines of ‘pending approval’ as Broc has suggested, which will trigger the approval/review process. Watch this space!