Restrict to taking photos during inspections (not allowing upload from gallery/library)

Related products: Inspections

Hi Safety Culture team,

Currently we are able to upload photos for Inspection through either:

• live picture taken during that inspection
  • uploading the photo from a drive
  • uploading a photo from Google links

This will allow someone to upload old photos they have in their drive, which defeat the purpose of having a real time picture taken

Can we please have the options to be able to restrict the photo upload from drive or links, and only have the option to be able to upload real time photo/live photo?

Regards,

Christina

Hey @Christina 

I fully understand why this is a need for SafetyCulture users, so I forwarded the request to our Product Team, I can’t however give you a date when we can put this onto the roadmap.
The easiest work around for now will be to go into settings in the app of each device and switch on the Date and Time Stamp toggle. See screenshot below:

I hope this information helps.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Tommy

We would be interested in this feature.

I have been suggesting to sites that they turn on date/time stamping of photos as proof when they were taken. I have also suggested making sure the “save to library” option is off.  We have employees directly tell us if they know the results of an inspection have not changed, they intentionally “pencil-whip” it from their desk and reselect the photos that were saved to their iPhone/iPad from the first time they conducted it.  While in most of the cases they admit this, their reasoning is true, there are some devices/inspections/users where it would be great to be able to restrict this capability.  Most of the time, we do not want to allow uploading from an iPad an already saved photo.  

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your message.

We understand the importance of ensuring real-time photos are taken during inspections. Currently, our platform allows users to upload photos from various sources, including drives and links, which may not always provide real-time images.

To address this, we are working on implementing a feature to restrict photo uploads during inspections to only allow live pictures taken during that inspection. This will ensure that users can't upload old photos from their drive or external links.

We appreciate your feedback and will prioritize this feature request to enhance the integrity of inspections conducted through our platform.

If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

[Khan Zain]  
Safety Culture Team

Khan, I think this should be a per template setting rather than global. There may be some where this is acceptable and others where it is not.  Perhaps add another app setting for “add photo source” in which it would add “Camera,” “Upload,” “Drive,” Or “Linked.”  If you have that and the “date and time stamp” turned on and took the pic with your camera, it would display “Camera 4/25/2024.”  If you uploaded, it would only display “Uploaded.”