Archive or Reactive Deleted Sites

Related products: Organization management

We would love the front-end ability to archive sites or reactivate deleted sites. As a long time users of iAuditor (much better name in my view 😉) we have deleted hundreds of sites over the years that periodically come back online and we want to continue with the existing data we have on that site instead of creating a new one. Currently we are having to request this via your support chat, which is tedious & time consuming.

That’s a great piece of feedback @Matthew McDonough!

I’ll go ahead and convert this post to an idea so we can keep track of it :)

Hey @Matthew McDonough,

Thanks for the request. You’re not the only one to request this, and it is certainly something we’re looking at making available in the future.

I am curious to know some more details of how you use this, or how it might work in your particular case if you don’t mind helping me get a clear understanding of what that looks like for you? The list grew longer, but it would really help us with finding a great solution if you don’t mind 🙏

1. When you delete a site, would it be a minority that are used again?
  2. Is your site list your “active” sites, and you delete inactive ones as they aren’t expected to be used again?
  3. Are you only deleting (and therefore wanting to archive/restore) sites (bottom level sites), or also Areas and Regions?
  4. Do you ever replace deleted sites with a new (but same name) site?
  5. I can imagine that besides the pain of re-adding sites, the biggest advantage of restoring sites is the associated inspections/actions/etc that was with that site?
  6. When you restore a site, I imagine you’d want the same memberships that were with it to be restored too?