Improvements to viewing actions and flagged items in inspections

Related products: Inspections Actions

1. Why can’t we see ‘Flagged Items’ online when reviewing an inspection, but I can see them on my mobile?
  2. On my mobile, I can see Open Actions and a number. It would be good to see Closed Actions and a number too. To give you an example where this would help:

We raised an Action as a Contractor has not installed a required sign. The Contractor then marked the action as complete. When going to the site again, we flagged the same issue. There is no option to change a Closed Action to Open or Incomplete on your phone and even clicking a flagged item would be far more beneficial if it provided a summary like an Open Action, and not just linking you to a previous report in its entirety. 

As I review a second site inspection report online (for the same site), I do not see any reference to Flagged Items or previous Closed Actions. I can’t even see that a previous Action has been raised (if it has been marked as Completed).

1. Why can’t we see ‘Flagged Items’ online when reviewing an inspection, but I can see them on my mobile?
  2. On my mobile, I can see Open Actions and a number. It would be good to see Closed Actions and a number too. To give you an example where this would help:

We raised an Action as a Contractor has not installed a required sign. The Contractor then marked the action as complete. When going to the site again, we flagged the same issue. There is no option to change a Closed Action to Open or Incomplete on your phone and even clicking a flagged item would be far more beneficial if it provided a summary like an Open Action, and not just linking you to a previous report in its entirety. 

As I review a second site inspection report online (for the same site), I do not see any reference to Flagged Items or previous Closed Actions. I can’t even see that a previous Action has been raised (if it has been marked as Completed).

Hi @Matt Roche thank you so much for your feedback. Just to clarify something:

• When you say you can see Open Actions and a number and you wish to also see Closed Actions and a number: Is this in the Inspection PDF report? 
  • You mentioned about contractor marking your action as complete. If they have been doing that from the Action screen (screen where you can see Action comments), you can re-open the action if you tap the top right Details button and then tapping on the green “Complete” button.

Hope that helps, looking forward to hear back from you. We are keen to ensure you have the best experience on SafetyCulture platform.

Hi @esusatyo,

1. Please see below which is the same saved report but viewing it from the iPhone (left) and PC (right). The user on the phone can see some “red flags” with two previous flagged items. The user reviewing or even entering content on the PC (I’m unsure how it looks on the iPad) doesn’t see the 2 previous flagged items.  
  1. Numbered closed actions for a question on a site, similar to the above left open actions would be handy. This would allow you to easily view complete items, or even restore/reopen complete items because they are a problem (to do) once again.

Hi @esusatyo,

1. Please see below which is the same saved report but viewing it from the iPhone (left) and PC (right). The user on the phone can see some “red flags” with two previous flagged items. The user reviewing or even entering content on the PC (I’m unsure how it looks on the iPad) doesn’t see the 2 previous flagged items.  
  1. Numbered closed actions for a question on a site, similar to the above left open actions would be handy. This would allow you to easily view complete items, or even restore/reopen complete items because they are a problem (to do) once again.

Hi Matt, thank you for the reply.

For 1: If the inspection is conducted on the same Site, it should be showing the currently open actions and previously flagged items on iPad as well. Unfortunately it does not support the web at the moment, is having it shown on the PC a big part of your Inspections workflow? If so we may consider adding the feature in the future.

For 2: Good to hear that closed action count would be a useful feature for you, we will consider it for future development. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi @esusatyo,

1. The inspection is on the same site. 
  2. I review staff member inspections before the reports are sent to our Clients. So not being able to see the previous problems on the PC is an issue.