Add ‘projects’ to sites

Related products: Inspections

We use a template that is relevant to our sites and projects. However, for specific projects, pages, sections and/or questions are not relevant to particular projects. 
It would be nice to have a project that can be linked to a site and a template can be modified to show what questions can and can’t be displayed. 

I’ll provide an example:

Question: We have a question relating to a construction site and the installation of rumble grid. The question sits under a Section titled ‘Environmental Management Plan’. The question is, has a rumble grid or grid been installed?

Problem: On some projects a rumble grid is not required. The auditor or auditors see the question, they may or may not know it is not required. If they choose the option to say the rumble grid is not installed, we then need to review this and make the necessary changes. Alternatively, it may be required, and the rumble grid has not yet been installed, and the auditor or auditors think it must not be required and do not report it, when in fact it needs to be installed, it just hasn’t been done yet.

By having ‘Projects’, which would sit under ‘Sites’ we can then have the ability to edit templates to suit the site and project. If you wanted to exclude the question about a rumble grid, for example, you can. This has the ability to avoid much confusion with the auditors and save plenty of time double checking and correcting answers.

And, as I create an action now for a site, I am needing to find the email of the Superintendent relating to the project and have to add them through “give external access”, this is a nuisance. We could have a set list of people and email addresses to choose from relating to a project.

Is there a way to also automatically deselect your name as an assignee. There are so many times I forget to deselect my name or my name is hidden when I need to press” give external access”. My computer then tries to autofill an email address, and it gets messy.

I wonder if a feature like what you’re describing for projects could be similar to how assets is configured, where they can be linked to a site and include a variety of informational fields.

What I would love to see for assets (and projects) is if template logic can then be configured based on those informational fields. For example, a restaurant asset type could have fields for, say, Kitchen, Bar, Serving Line, Drink Dispenser, etc. Each restaurant asset would indicate Yes or No for whether it has the item or not. Then the template could be configured to only ask kitchen questions if the Kitchen field for that asset equals Yes.

We have similar issues with “factory acceptance testing” of equipment where some questions only apply to specific projects.  I tried to use logic to weed some of these out, along with a balance of “N/A” response options on some questions.  This ties back to the request for logic to be possible against previous questions’ answers.  In this case, if we select a specific type of equipment, I can then apply logic to several of the later questions to hide those which are not applicable.