🌟 Share your SafetyCulture success story 🌟

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello Community! 

We're excited to hear about your SafetyCulture success stories. 

Why share?

🚀 Inspire others 🛠️ Problem-solving tips 🎉 Celebrate your wins

How to share:

1. Share your story in the comments below
  2. Add visuals if you like
  3. Share improvements made, metrics, and lessons learned
  4. Engage with fellow members

Whether you're a seasoned user or just starting, your experiences can inspire and help others.

Sincerely,

Julian

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

We found SafetyCulture through a vendor teaching us how to do a food safety vulnerability assessment at one plant in 2018. SC was their tool of choice. A manager attending from another plant immediately registered for free accounts when he returned home, and a few months later we purchased accounts for all plants.

Growth was slow at first, and adoption didn’t take place at a few plants until nearly forced upon them in the past year; while other plants jumped right in when they saw immediate value. In just under 5 years using the platform, usage of the “Inspections” main feature has grown significantly.

In the last year, our number of users has doubled.  A few sites are diving into the Issues and Assets features. Benefits reported by sites (primarily from Inspections and Actions) include:

• Easier tracking of issues versus paper cards
  • Easily ensuring OSHA inspections are done using Assets versus paper log books on forklifts
  • Ease of visibility for supervisors and management to ensure work is getting done
  • Notifications of problems as they occur (damage, quality defects, equipment problems)
  • Better collaboration on Actions
  • Eliminating paper management
  • Resolving problems faster
  • Easier management meetings with pictures and reports
  • Tools replaced more quickly when missing or damaged
  • Smoother shift changes
  • Easy information access during 3rd party audits
  • Fewer repeat findings during inspections
  • Flexibility to change inspection questions on the fly
  • Faster inspections using logic
Userlevel 1
Badge

iAuditor was first introduced in the factory in 2018. At the beginning of 2019, I transitioned from a production operator to a metal detector operator, where I began using iAuditor (as an end user). The primary responsibility in this role is to ensure that products are free from metal contaminants before reaching the end customer while maintaining accurate records of metal detector performance, records that we had on iAuditor.

After gaining experience on the line and familiarizing myself with both the metal detector and iAuditor, I became ambitious about making the inspection better. Within weeks I sketched out a template with the idea of presenting it to the manager overseeing the iAuditor project - the technical quality manager.

I couldn’t contain my excitement, so I signed up for the premium free trial and brought the sketch to life. I presented this to the QM and apparently, he really liked it as he’s now my boss.

Currently, I work under the technical team as a Quality Infrastructure Analyst. Over the past years, we have significantly reduced the paperwork in the factory from 28 to 10 boxes of paperwork a month. Currently, we produce about 8000 inspections per month. Apart from reducing paperwork, my primary responsibility involves analysing data collected from the SafetyCulture app. I started from basic reports generated from the analytics function, to gathering data into spreadsheet using Power Automate, to creating reports using CSVs from multiple inspections, to designing automated dashboards using the Power BI connector, and recently, integrating the SafetyCulture Exporting Tool with Power Query for automated reports.

The big star of the show is the usage of SafetyCulture for the traceability of customer audits and third-party audits. We have been, and continue to be, working to transition all audit-related documents to SafetyCulture to simplify traceability. Now, during audits, we can retrieve any necessary documentation within minutes. This not only benefits us as a company but has also gained praise from external auditors, especially given that our inspections often include photographic evidence.

Within our company, there are numerous stories linked to SafetyCulture.

For instance, the Health and Safety department that utilizes the issues function, processing around 250 to 350 issues per month and promoting a culture of feedback and continuous improvement among all employees.

Also, our Hygiene team that stands out as the most active user of actions. Their organized and prompt approach to addressing actions is commendable. It's as if they are constantly ready to address any issue at any given moment.

The addition of SafetyCulture into our operations has made a significant impact, not just for me personally but for the entire organization. Looking forward to our next step with the SafetyCulture app :)