News

Keep the template list organized by using folders

Related products: Inspections
Keep the template list organized by using folders

In this release, you can now:

• Tidy up your template list with folders!

What you’ll love about this new functionality

We’ve updated folders to make your template list more organized. This means moving a template into a folder will remove it from the main template list and only keep it in the folder. No more double-ups; inspection templates live only where you want them. 

Note: premium feature only.

How to get started with the new release

To find out more about template folders, please read our support article here.

If you need additional help, reach out to our Support Team or your dedicated Customer Success Manager, and they’ll be happy to assist.

I appreciate that it’s no longer confusing as to whether or not a template is in a folder.  However, now we can’t see templates across folders, such as all sorted by latest modification date.  And if we search, which includes both in and out of folders, we don’t know if it’s in a folder.  I would love to see:

• When searching templates, a column to indicate what folder each template is in
  • A toggle at the top of the page to turn on/off folder view (if off, all templates display in a list like before folders existed, and a column appears to indicate which folder each template is in)
  • A built-in “uncategorized” folder at the top which automatically contains all templates not in a folder
  • Narrower folder buttons so several folders can be shown horizontally in multiple columns/rows of thumbnail buttons as needed (and rid of the “view all” link)

Hi Corey, my name’s Paddy and I am the Product Manager of the Inspections team.

We are pleased we’ve been able to respond to broad reaching customer feedback and make this improvement to the pattern on the template list when a template is moved to a folder. 

Really appreciate your further suggestions on how to iterate on search and filters to amplify the cleanliness and speed when operating on this part of the platform. We will definitely keep these ideas in mind as we work on our plans to continually to improve the folders experience.

Next up for us, is folders on mobile. Keep an eye out for that in the coming months! 

Good Afternoon,

I have move my templates into folders but the templates are still showing in the templates section.

Are there scenarios where this would be the case?

Good Afternoon,

I have move my templates into folders but the templates are still showing in the templates section.

Are there scenarios where this would be the case?

Hi there @dplunkett - that definitely sounds unusual and I’m keen to have the Support team look into this for you.

I’ll have someone on my team reach out to you so we can dive into it more!

Good afternoon,

We still don’t have the option to put our templates into folders?

We only have the option to bookmark.

Thanks

Hi @Gareth1261 👋🏼

This feature is now available to all customers so that definitely shouldn’t be the case.

A few things to note 👀

Here’s our support article on template folders as well for reference :)

If you’ve checked all those boxes but still don’t see the option to move templates to folders, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team! 🙏🏼