How does everyone collect and track licenses and credentials for workers

• 5 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello SC Community!

We are looking to introduce the ability to collect licenses and credentials from workers within the SafetyCulture platform.

I’d love to learn more about the following from everyone:

1. How do you track which licenses & credentials are required for each worker?
  2. How do you collect licenses & credentials from your workers today?

Related idea:

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Bec Cooper,

just saw this and perfect timing. We use Simpro for storage which is far from perfect but it was all there was at the time that could be utilised. We have started looking at other platforms so I would love to hear more on this one.

To collect the documents, again is archaic. We obtain copies and upload them into the system.

Two things that are crucial for us is the ability to run a training matrix off as needed and also for reminders when a competency is due to expire.

Also, I know we have talked about contractors before, but would you be looking at incorporating the ability to store contractors licences and competencies? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @Andrew Gabb  Thank you so much for providing this context. We are looking at how we can store these licenses & competencies on the SafetyCulture platform so you can have an understanding of “Are my workers compliant?”. 

And yes! This will include both internal employees and contractors. We have found one of the biggest challenges when managing contractors is understanding if workers are compliant and that finding is what has facilitated this conversation. 

Both of your requirements are areas we plan to accommodate; a training matrix & reminders when a competency is due. Do you have an example of a training matrix you may be able to share with me? (You can email me or share here)

Would you like me to add you to our customers interested in early access when we have something available? We are working currently on building a place for administrators to upload credentials to a user profile on behalf of a worker as the first pass (sounds like what happens in Simpro today) but the next phase will be enabling workers to upload their own credentials. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Bec Cooper,

thanks for coming back to me. I would certainly like to be included in the early access.

I will email through an example of a training matrix. It is pretty basic as the main uses of Simpro do not include holding records of competency.