Site Owners and Categories

Related products: Organization management

I know we can assign people to sites, but it would be useful if this could go a step further and we could add Owners to sites, so they are notified of inspections/flagged items etc. rather than everyone else who is just a site user. I think this can be done using notifications within a template, but it would be good it could be just done once within the Sites configuration and applied globally.

It would also be useful to have categories for sites that could be applied in analytics etc. For example we manage the electrical network within our site. If all substations, switchrooms etc could be tagged as ‘Electrical Infrastructure’ and this could be applied when filtering analytics - it would make it much easier to report on. Again, I know this could be added as a question and filtered using items and responses - but it has to be added to every template and then populated manually (and accurately) each time.

Hey @Ben Edwards , my name is Jacob, I’m a Product Manager here at SafetyCulture and look after the ‘Sites’ team. Thanks so much for spending the time to write down some feedback.

Both pieces of feedback here are quite timely. We have been thinking through ways of having site owners/managers who have direct control their team for a little bit now. We haven’t started any work in this space but we would like to soon. 

Would you like to catchup to discuss this in more detail? 

In regards to ‘categories’, ‘tags’ or ‘labels’. Again this is a space we have begun exploring, the Actions area of the product have ‘labels’ now, and we hope to extend that to ‘Sites’ in the future.

NewNot planned

I could see site “owner” as being useful if there were features they could turn on or off for their site, automatically get all data for things assigned to the site (actions, inspections, issues, sensors), change site settings, assign/unassign users to the site, edit global response sets specific to that site, etc.

Hey @Ben Edwards and @Corey,

I agree with the value of having owners of groups and sites; similar to how EdApp does it. I think this will certainly be something we’ll deeply consider when we next iterate this space.

Out of curiosity, would you see value in having multiple owners? We have heard feedback when investigating this from both sides of the fence.