Skip to main content

I know we already have a text response and it works just fine, as long as there are not too many words that is.

The text response box when filling out a template for an inspection works fine, and works best if you only have a dozen words or less. Our company uses a template for reporting Injuries so all workrooms in the company can see injury data. We use text response for the description, but sometimes that description can be 50+ words. When typing it out for the first time it works fine, but if I have to ever edit it it can be cumbersome to scroll through it edit one word out of 50 or 100.

In the attached image you can see my answer extends far beyond the box, so scrolling through it to find and edit errors takes time.

I would love to see the option for Paragraph, and then the text can be changed to short answer or something along those lines.

Here’s an example of this in practice when making a Google Forms document.

Hey @willsellon - thanks for the post. Does the paragraph option in the platform suit your needs? Please refer to this article of how to configure it: https://help.safetyculture.com/en-US/000048/.

I’m interested to hear if this is what you are after, or if there’s something else you’d like to see.

Thanks again,

Karen

That is 100% what I was looking for @Karen Starr!!! I didn’t even notice that format option under there! I think it might be a little more intuitive to have it as an option the same as text, but I can understand why it was done the way it was!

Thanks so much! Maybe next time I should pose something like this as a question first.