Individual SC Environments under Organisation "Head Group"

Related products: Organization management

We would like the ability to setup & manage individual SC accounts/environments (based upon the Site hierarchy levels) under our organisation “head group”. Each individual account/environment will have the same functions as the SC organisation, with the ability to individually brand, but will only display data on the same or below site hierarchy level. When using ‘Actions’, ‘Schedules’ or “Issues’ in these environments, users will only be able to assign these to users or groups on the same or below site hierarchy level.

Users (internal & external) will only have visibility of data on the same or below site’s hierarchy level, and have the ability to “switch" into any environment below their site level. This would allow for a lot more flexibility in turns of user permissions, for example, you could give “admin” permissions to a user on the “area” or “region” level without compromising the organisation’s account/data. This also allows an organisation to delegate reporting or monitoring requirements to line manager users down the line, reducing the responsibility on the organisation’s admin.

I would like to see something like this to allow management teams at our sites to be able to manage the setup, settings, and data of their site. There were two related ideas posted:

Hey @Matthew McDonough and @Corey,

Thanks for your thoughts. This is definitely something we have come back to a few times when discussing directions and I am sure it will be tackled sometime in the not too distant future.

It was actually part of the original vision that made sites something worth investing in and so it is comforting to hear that is still ringing true as something seen to be valuable for our platform.

Unfortunately though, this isn’t on the roadmap yet. Effectively allowing for organisations within organisations while retaining some parent-child access relationships is a little more tricky than it sounds; and consequently, some of the engineering and design options are still being formed. But rest-assured, there is continuous discussion on this and I’m confident a solution is on the horizon.

NewDiscussion ongoing